CAS RN: 16536-30-4 | Product Number: A5303
Bis(2,4-dinitrophenyl) Oxalate [Chemiluminescence reagent for the determination of fluorescent compounds by HPLC and FIA]
|Size||Unit Price||Philadelphia, PA||Portland, OR||Japan*||Quantity|
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Appearance||White to Orange to Green powder to crystal|
|Purity(Neutralization titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Solubility in hot Toluene||almost transparency|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Benzene,Toluene|
|Hazard Statements||H315 : Causes skin irritation.
H319 : Causes serious eye irritation.
H228 : Flammable solid.
|Precautionary Statements||P240 : Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
P210 : Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. No smoking.
P241 : Use explosion-proof electrical/ ventilating/ lighting/ equipment.
P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ eye protection/ face protection.
P370 + P378 : In case of fire: Use dry sand, dry chemical or alcohol-resistant foam to extinguish.
P337 + P313 : If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.
P305 + P351 + P338 : IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P302 + P352 : IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
P332 + P313 : If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/ attention.
P362 : Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
|UN Number (DOT-AIR)||UN1325|
|Packing Group (TCI-A)||II|
Chemiluminescence is the phenomenon of luminescence emission when the excited state of a chemical species which occurred by a chemical reaction reverts to the ground state. Bis(2,4,6-trichlorophenyl) Oxalate (TCPO) [A532], Bis(2,4-dinitrophenyl) Oxalate (DNPO) [A533] are drawing attention in the aspects of high quantum yields and stability. The emission mechanism is shown below.1) 1) Produce an active intermediate (1,2-dioxetanedione) through the reaction with H2O2.2) The intermediate excites a fluorescent substance from the ground state to an excited state.3) The fluorescent substance in the excited state returns to the ground state with the emission of light.Based on this chemiluminescence reaction, the quantifications of H2O2 and glucose,2) light emitting detection of dansyl amino acid on TLC,3) and quantification of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons4) have been reported.This chemiluminescence reaction was applied to the detection part of HPLC, and 1 fmol level dansyl amino acid was successfully separated and quantified,5) which compared to the conventional method using fluorescence, showed more than 1 order (5 times) higher sensitivity. Furthermore, Imai and co-workers have developed the assay system of dansyl amino acid making use of the DNPO-H2O2 luminous reaction which has been applied to flow-injection analysis.6) The detection limit of dansyl alanine is 5 fmol.
1) Chemiluminescence from concerted peroxide decomposition reactions
2) Evaluation of peroxyoxalate chemiluminescence for determination of enzyme generated peroxide
3) Chemiluminescence: A new method for detecting fluorescent compounds separated by thin-layer chromatography
4) Peroxyoxalate chemiluminescence detection of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in liquid chromatography
5) a) Determination of fluorescent compounds by high performance liquid chromatography with chemiluminescence detection
b) A Chemiluminiscence Detector for Trace Determination of Fluorescent Compounds
6) Bis(2,4-dinitrophenyl) oxalate as a chemiluminescence reagent. Determination of fluorescent compounds by flow injection analysis
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.